The business of ecology
Animated by a shared passion for nature, Frédéric Melki, Thomas Menut and Michel Geniez anticipated the potential for ecological expertise as a professional enterprise. With this vision, Biotope emerged in 1993.
In operation for over 20 years now, Biotope combines the fields of ecological engineering, biodiversity conservation, naturalist outreach and communications.
Biotope combines consulting services in ecological engineering, hosts a recognized research facility as well as a communications and publishing house.
Biotope currently offers a complete range of integrated services in the field of environmental expertise:
Key figures :
• 21 offices France and overseas
• 15.8 million in economic turnover in 2014
• Nearly 30% annual growth for over 10 years
• 240 employees (2014) - average age 34 years old
• 7200 references in ecological engineering
• 160 references in the Biotope editions catalogue